Skin gets a rough ride during the cooler months being exposed to harsh elements on a daily basis, from wind and rain to drying soaps, sanisters and air conditioning. Hands and feet are particularly prone to suffering from dryness, cracking and dermatitis during winter, but we have some simple tips you can do to keep them in soft, smooth condition!
- Avoid hot water when washing hands as it can strip the skins natural oils, making it more prone to dry out and becoming cracked and rough.
- Use sensitive soaps and sanitisers, and moisturise after EVERY hand wash. If you or a loved one suffer from dermatitis from hand washing and sanitising we recommend using one of our favourite hero products, Pure Fiji Dilo Body Butter or Gel. The molecular structure of Dilo oil remains intact with unique essential fatty acids to help alleviate many dermatological ailments. This amazing oil also naturally contains a unique essential fatty acid that soothes irritation and inflammation whilst super-charging the healing and repair process. Our Pure Fiji Dilo products soothe, nourish and replenish skin affected by: Sunburn, Windburn, Dermatitis, Dehydration Rashes, Insect bites, Acne, Eczema, Shaving irritation, Post microdermabrasion, Post Radiation and Chemotherapy.
- Make manicures and pedicures part of your selfcare routine. Manicures and pedicures are a great way to remove dry skin from hands and feet and feed skin specifically designed products that help with particular skin concerns. Your beauty Therapist or Nail Technician will also be able to identify any skin irritations and provide ways to treat them.
We have some fabulous Manicure and Pedicure specials on right now! See details below!
- Moisturise hands and feet just before you jump into bed for the night! Moisturising just before bed with products that contain key skin nourishing ingredients will ensure hands and feet have time to replenish moisture and hydration lost during the day and helps with the skin’s healing process overnight. Pure Fiji Hand Creams provide a powerful formula for supreme softness. Enriched with fresh coconut milk and nourishing organic oils to lock in moisture, this luxurious product is quickly absorbed into the skin and available in an array of tropical infusions. For feet, our go to is Pure Fiji Body Butter! Made with organic oils that is completely free of harsh chemicals, this ultra-hydrating product enriches the skin with essential fatty acids and powerful antioxidants to soften, smooth and firm skin, and it is available in lots of scrumptious fragrances that will take your senses straight to paradise!
- Never leave home without your moisturiser! Travel size hand creams are perfect for your handbag so when you’re out you’re always able to apply it to your hands after sanitising! Again we can’t go without Pure Fiji Hand Creams, which are available in convenient 35ml size!
- Wear gloves outside when it’s cold and windy! When exercise, gardening or spending long periods of time outdoors during winter gloves can save your skin from the elements! Better still, if you moisturise before putting your gloves on your hands will enjoy an indulgent hydrating treatment!